Yes, you've guessed it.
I have moved from my lovely, cosy flat to a Chinese Laundry, at least that is what it feels like at the end of today.
Three loads of laundry, all expertly done, sheets, towels and a colourful wash.
All done separately and NOT together.
Feeling quite chuffed with myself for having accomplished the minimum of chores over half-term and also managing to do homework and keep Child occupied, I didn't think about the logistics of 3 very large loads of wet fabric that needed drying.
I had run out of space to hang it all and had to run downstairs to my amazing neighbours to borrow a drying rack.
My flat now has this ever-present dewy misty feel to it, humid but not quite tropical.
Shame, no palm trees or sandy beach.
One can but dream, eh?
Oh well, only another 48 hours until this laundrette becomes a home again.
And no you can't drop off a load or two and expect to pick it up at 5pm, washed, dried, ironed and folded.
All that will cost you double!!!
I have moved from my lovely, cosy flat to a Chinese Laundry, at least that is what it feels like at the end of today.
Three loads of laundry, all expertly done, sheets, towels and a colourful wash.
All done separately and NOT together.
Feeling quite chuffed with myself for having accomplished the minimum of chores over half-term and also managing to do homework and keep Child occupied, I didn't think about the logistics of 3 very large loads of wet fabric that needed drying.
I had run out of space to hang it all and had to run downstairs to my amazing neighbours to borrow a drying rack.
My flat now has this ever-present dewy misty feel to it, humid but not quite tropical.
Shame, no palm trees or sandy beach.
One can but dream, eh?
Oh well, only another 48 hours until this laundrette becomes a home again.
And no you can't drop off a load or two and expect to pick it up at 5pm, washed, dried, ironed and folded.
All that will cost you double!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment