Sunday, October 25, 2009

On a lighter note...

Friday night was one of those rare occasions when I actually wore a skirt to go dancing.
A friend (and beautiful dancer) is always on at me to wear one, to be more girlie, to get rid of my jeans.
And so I did, just for one night.
It totally changed the way that I danced.
I felt different.
I was reminded of an old song....."I feel pretty, oh so pretty....."
The music was good, along with some excellent and some not-so-excellent partners.
I'm at a low ebb, but I'm still dancing.
After changing to go home, I went to get my coat and bumped into a regular, Mr. P.
You're not leaving yet? I haven't had a dance.
What could I do but throw down my bag and coat and accept the offer.
The music came wafting out to the foyer, it was old school jazz, not too fast.
It felt funny dancing in full light in front of strange people.
It felt like a performance.
But the dance was good and at the end of it, we thanked each other, he went back inside the hall and I went home.
It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment