Sunday, October 11, 2009

Relevant to me

As I was reading "On the Pulse of Morning" earlier this evening to my daughter, I had some surprising thoughts run through my mind.
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, and if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
This sentence has so much depth of meaning for me. It resonates with what I am going through at the moment.
The trouble is, is that if I were to meet DC again, for the first time, I have no doubt that I would be just as attracted.
So how do I resolve this within myself?
As for the poem, I would highly recommend reading it.
Maya Angelou is an amazing writer.

1 comment:

  1. Love your creativity with Homework assignments. And I love the poem.

    Lift up your hearts.
    Each new hour holds new chances
    For new beginnings.

    Maybe, just maybe, there is another DC out there who can give you exactly what you need...

    Lots of lovexxx

    ReplyDelete