My gorjus (yes, this week she is) Child has to do a 'home learning' project for Black History Month. So me being me, I decided not to go with the flow. I picked one of my favourite authors, Maya Angelou, and pulled up a poem of hers on the internet.
Yes, good old internet saves the day, again.
I'd never read this poem before, but at first glance, I could see that it had some good imagery that could be used for drawing.
So this afternoon, we sat down at the table and I gave her the suggestion of drawing these words. We used the very first line.
"A Rock, A River, A Tree"
Child wrote this down at the top of a piece of paper, phonetically (always very interesting) and then proceeded to draw a corresponding image.
On the next page, she wrote the very last line, "Good Morning" and did the same thing.
The result of which, were 4 very lovely and individual pictures.
I'm curious to see what her teacher will think of this project.
Yes, good old internet saves the day, again.
I'd never read this poem before, but at first glance, I could see that it had some good imagery that could be used for drawing.
So this afternoon, we sat down at the table and I gave her the suggestion of drawing these words. We used the very first line.
"A Rock, A River, A Tree"
Child wrote this down at the top of a piece of paper, phonetically (always very interesting) and then proceeded to draw a corresponding image.
On the next page, she wrote the very last line, "Good Morning" and did the same thing.
The result of which, were 4 very lovely and individual pictures.
I'm curious to see what her teacher will think of this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment