Or not.
Let me explain.
Every night, at the end of the day, I have a bath.
This is not by choice or design, but simply due to the fact that I do not have a shower.
A few days ago, DC ran a small bath in lieu of having a quick shower. It was less than a foot of water, which we shared briefly as I said I'd have one after dancing, a much deeper one.
To which he laughed and said "so much for being my eco-warrior...conserving water etc"
It just made me think.
Am I an eco-warrior?
Does any of this make a difference? I'm sure that in the long run, it probably does. Is the difference something that we'll see in our lifetime or our children's lifetime? The climate changes are being screamed at us throughout the media, daily. There seems no end of natural disasters that appear to have been brought about by climate change.
But we do what we can, right?
I try to reuse and recycle as much as possible.
I'm always asking people to email information instead of sending letters.
I take my own shopping bags when I go to Sainsbury's.
I use little plastic tubs again and again.
I try to buy only as much food as we can eat, before it goes off.
These things feel like such small attempts at correcting something potentially so very serious.
It is my little effort at being part of a much bigger picture.
But then I so definitely enjoy my very deep, hot baths last thing at night.
So what does that make me?
A quietly, subtle and part-time eco-warrior?
Let me explain.
Every night, at the end of the day, I have a bath.
This is not by choice or design, but simply due to the fact that I do not have a shower.
A few days ago, DC ran a small bath in lieu of having a quick shower. It was less than a foot of water, which we shared briefly as I said I'd have one after dancing, a much deeper one.
To which he laughed and said "so much for being my eco-warrior...conserving water etc"
It just made me think.
Am I an eco-warrior?
Does any of this make a difference? I'm sure that in the long run, it probably does. Is the difference something that we'll see in our lifetime or our children's lifetime? The climate changes are being screamed at us throughout the media, daily. There seems no end of natural disasters that appear to have been brought about by climate change.
But we do what we can, right?
I try to reuse and recycle as much as possible.
I'm always asking people to email information instead of sending letters.
I take my own shopping bags when I go to Sainsbury's.
I use little plastic tubs again and again.
I try to buy only as much food as we can eat, before it goes off.
These things feel like such small attempts at correcting something potentially so very serious.
It is my little effort at being part of a much bigger picture.
But then I so definitely enjoy my very deep, hot baths last thing at night.
So what does that make me?
A quietly, subtle and part-time eco-warrior?
No comments:
Post a Comment