
Last night, I went to see Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre at Saddler's Wells.
To say that they are phenomenal, is an understatement. They were fluid, vibrant, beyond strong and so inspirational.
There is one piece called Revelations, which completely blew me away the first time I saw it 15 years ago and it was still just as good today. The music was gospel and oh so up-lifting. As a dancer in a former life, I can comprehend how physically strong these dancers are and how agile they have to be. I was very flexible, my nickname was 'supps' (supple) but even back then, I was never in their league. It was a particular duet within Revelations that completely stunned me and quite possibly the rest of the audience. At the end of the performance, we were all on our feet cheering for an encore.
It was an amazing experience. If/when they come back to London, I highly recommend that you should go see them.
And so ends my dance review.
www.alvinailey.org
No comments:
Post a Comment