Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lots of dripping

Or in the words of my darling child, "Mummy, I'm all soggy!"

I managed to avoid the rain in London for most of the summer, although it did dampen 3 of our 6 days in Austria, but it finally caught up with me this week. Today in fact. Coming back from buying winter boots for my girl, we got caught in it and that was only crossing the road to the bus stop, which is incredibly lazy of us as we only live down the road. 2 stops in fact. But it was raining and it was coming to the end of a long day, so on to the bus it was.
As we were about to cross back over the road and run into the house, along came my mum for a cup of tea. A happy coincidence, methinks.
Anyway, I'm just thankful that it has finished raining now and is starting to look really bright, which considering it is almost 8pm, is a bit strange really.
Oh well, stay dry.

1 comment:

  1. It was decidedly soggy yesterday - but today is a lot brighter. Maybe I'll still be able to wear my shorts!

    ReplyDelete