I feel like I'm at my wits end.
And I'm really not sure what to do about it.
My child was sent out of the class for the first time today. It was during 'literacy', while they were sitting on the carpet, reading. Her teacher had already moved her to a space by herself, as she is easily distracted. But she gradually wriggled closer to another girl in her class and tried chatting with her. Her teacher asked her 3 times to stop and finally had to ask her to go outside.
This was the first time this had happened.
It is not something to be proud of, but when I asked her about it. She replied that "mummy, it was my first time". Being the first time does not make it ok.
In fact, this makes me very worried.
I'm her primary carer. It is up to me to guide her behaviour, but how can I help her become less distractable? It worries me that I'm doing something wrong. My mother thinks it might have something to do with her only having one parent in her daily life. That this is reflected in her behaviour. I'm finding more and more that she is showing 'attitude'. She is becoming cheeky, which is not cute or funny, it's almost rude. There was a time when I applauded her confidence and hoped that it would stand her in good stead in later years, but I'm wondering now if it's just too much.
Do I expect too much of her at such a young age?
Have I been to hard on her?
Is this why I'm getting behavioural issues from her now?
I just feel like crying right now. It all feels beyond me. I'm not sure how to help her.
But I'm the mummy and it's my job to help her.
But how?
No comments:
Post a Comment